Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 06/04 Perfect Hamster Heaven Day!

Crystal - 06/04 Perfect Hamster Heaven Day!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Jun 2021 15:36 #235135 by ddk
Ski Report - OUCH! Happy nice from the first run down the center of GV Bowl, to  the great grooming the Cat crew is  doing!  To the great soft happy bump skiing (I  do  love bumps!), no crowd - dang!, no lift lines dang!, lots of familiar faces and friends to socialize with! Warm sun, full on Hawaii Beach day, more Hamster happy vert  and runs and bumps than I've had in a while  - dang! A totally perfect summer ski  day!  Why? Better wax job! light crowd, lots of folks I know.    Skied solo early, skied  with the Ferknator mid morning (always a workout trying to keep up, but always fun and he makes me go places I'd be to lazy to do) and the extra bonus of bumping into the Fireman for my last few runs (another try to keep up  time). 

More real ski info - lots of access points getting pretty thin - Grubstake low entry was  probably doable (folks were doing it,  but I was on the #`1 Coombas and it looked to risky).  Traverse across GV Bowl towards West Face was doable, but the  early entry was  rocking up,  West Face early sounded pretty icy firm - when I did it mid  morning very pleasant.  Run out ElkSnort was  doable but not hamster repeatable.  Best run for a Hamster? Skier bumps  left side  off of GVex, do  skier right side Grubstake  groomer and  repeat - one more run would have been  20 and close to 20k - ouch I hate being a hamster.

Other - Drive up supper happy fast, drive down almost the same but got stupid in the lowlands.  A lot was not full - that  pretty much says it all.   Perfect day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.