Crystal - 05/30 Fun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 May 2021 14:33 #235130 by ddk
Crystal - 05/30 Fun was created by ddk
Ski Report - The Bucket started loading around 8:45 to fairly small line up.   I  got  first bucket with one other nice person.  Nice and sunny while I was on the mountain and very warm with very soft and sticky in places snow.  Crystal did a lot of very nice grooming in the Valley - way better than I expected.  Light early crowd allowed for lots of fast  runs and solo rides.  Crowd started showing up before 10 but the lift lines were still reasonable with one lift opp helping to get folks loaded.  Masking was pretty optional and as it got busy there were a lot of full  chairs.  Coverage in the Valley is impressive.  I bailed out at  11 with tired qauds (only a few weeks off and its start over on the ski muscles).   I could have used a different wax on my Coombas.  The bumps were fun.   Road the bucket back to the base since Crystal does not open LS till 2pm.  Looked like pretty easy ski all the way to below Quick (slow) Silver and then a short walk.  Noticed that folks had poached MIFB - looked very doable.  Pretty good sized lineup for the Bucket at the base.  Heard that the lineup yesterday morning wrapped around the base lodge and back down the center stairs - ouch! The limited loading of the buckets is still a big impact.

Other -   Nice quiet drive up,  fair number of cars parked all over the A lot early (overnighters?).  When I drove away A lot was full with cars  starting to park in C lot.   Lots of tourists around.  Mountain views were big.  Lots of traffic heading up 410  as I left - probably most heading to the Park.  All the trailheads and campgrounds looked packed.   Fun to get a few more lift served turns in.  Still thinking about tomorrow 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.