Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/18 First Sunday

Crystal - 04/18 First Sunday

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Apr 2021 14:42 #235032 by ddk
Crystal - 04/18 First Sunday was created by ddk
Ski Report Short - Yee Haa!  Wooo Hooo! Ouch yes for the last regular season Sunday!  And my first Sunday (or weekend day) of the season!  Fun day!  Ouch!

Wordy Report - Arrived what I thought was early for a last Sunday (Binx was already woofying me).  Pretty melo in the base lodge - just regulars early in the (thankyou Pierce County!) the phase 2 world - but at least we could sit inside.  Dressed ultra light for me based on the hot conditions up top based on the telemetry (was getting kinda cold waiting for CHex to start loading).  But loading started close to 8:30 and riding up when you were sitting in that nice sun it was happy time.    Do to warmth yesterday some of the grooming was kinda funny - MIFB first run! But it was already getting soft and every run I did down MIFB was better than  the last.   GV skiers left of  center got soft fairly early and was also happy times my last few trips down it.  Never got further north than GV Bowl/MIFB.  Did have a nice run down the Gully between Memorial and SunnySide.  Did a early pre check out of BP's, it was already getting happy then and it was even happier after my first PB trip.   First time up CH6 I  decided to do at least one chair line run - skiers right first main  line - great snow, but ouch big sweeper cuts - double turns would have been nice if  my legs could have done them.   PB was way better - center line and my wimpy lines skiers right side!  Ouch! Repeated and repeated - but being old and wimpy just could not keep up the big fun.  Skied deep into the afternoon (well 12:05 OUCH!) and the  snow was getting pretty sticky for the Coombas wax job (COOMBS! great powder and spring slush ski).   Wish I  could have had the energy to ski later - but it  was a very fine first Sunday of the season for me.

Other - Nice drive  up  this morning, one colored Elk sauntering across the road in Greenwater, big heard  of Elk  at the base of the Blvd.  Drive down  was pretty pleasant mostly except  for  the weekend  tourists - every hiker  trailhead was  packed.  That season is coming. 

Great Day! Great Season! Greatest last week that I have ever enjoyed at Crystal!  If you dont go skiing  anymore during the extended spring season - Have a Great Summer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.