Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/16 Last main ski season Friday

Crystal - 04/16 Last main ski season Friday

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Apr 2021 14:59 #235026 by ddk
Ski Report Short Version  - BIG!

Long  Ultra Wordy report - Arrived fashionably early, got a good table, did the early morning regulars social, got into the  CHex lineup,  biggest crowd in days, but still probably all gone after 2 minutes.  Lifts started loading closer to 8:45 than not.  Big sunny, warm and windy up top, MIFB was firm first run and better and better every run after.  LS good the  one time I did it. Did a T2B with #1 via Kellys Gap - pretty okay  and lower E bumps were prime.  Got one  run in  PB to BP's - very nice, PB is starting to  feel  like  spring,  BP's was happy slush.  Did a number of runs down the Gulley between old SunnySide and Memorial - it was happy prime. Also did one CH6 Campbell Basin chair line runs - skier right (used  to call it  +1), it  was sweet and  coulda had  lots of repeat laps.  Fun day, quit kinda early (excuse #1 was tired from her big week - I did not complain).  Great last Friday of the main ski season,  crowd was reasonable,  lift lines okay, semi naked bodies were around (some nicer to look at than others - ha  ha).  Big mountain views.  

Other - Food was chair service sandwich for me,  #1 did  it a glut burger at CB lodge (no  frys -  just to  much food).  Drive up  in the morning was happy record setting on time. Drive down was mostly good, but a bad off the road accident happened just up from last years burn zone - sad!  No Elk noticed either up or down today - made #1 sad,  she likes those  tall rats. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2021 16:09 #235027 by CD
A perfect day.  Perfect weather, perfect corn snow all over the mountain, and even at 2pm wasn't noticeably sticky except the extreme flats.  So much better than yesterday.  The last run down Powder Bowl to Bear Pits was just fantastic.  Not enough good superlatives to describe today.  Plus lots of bikini women and strange costumes.  As for the fun factor, best day of the year for me and didn't want it to end, although the legs had other ideas.

Probably not my last day, but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for masking up this season allowing our mountain to stay open all year and even into an extended season.  Also thanks to Crystal Mountain who kept the resort open wall-to-wall, unlike the disaster at Stevens this year.  And, here's to hopefully no masks next ski season!

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
16 Apr 2021 18:01 - 16 Apr 2021 18:02 #235028 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Crystal - 04/16 Great Season Ending
A great day to end my season on. Waited till the line at Chinook loaded and then went out to find softness from the first run down The Berg. Other areas not so much, but they was plenty of good snow to avoid the hard spots. It only took half and hour and everything was going off. I’d left the coat in the car and was still too hot. Perfect runs of soft corn and shedding clothes ensued. We were going to ski till it got sticky (thinking of yesterday) but it stayed nice longer than our legs.

Thinking the day was over, went for a snack and a beer at Campbell. Pleasantly invigorated, we opted for one more Powder Bowl. Good decision, although Main Chute is growing some rocks in the gut.

Having made our spring/summer plans before Crystal announced the extended season, today was my last. Perfect end of the season. I’ve almost forgot about the huge lines early/mid season, and look forward to everyone being back at work, school, and no masks next year. Ken
Last edit: 16 Apr 2021 18:02 by CMSkier.