Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 04/05 Second to Last Monday

Crystal - 04/05 Second to Last Monday

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Apr 2021 15:02 #234976 by ddk
Ski Report - Arrived typically early, got prime solo spot for first chair on CHex.  Smallish early crowd, big bluebird sky, lots of nice (cold) sun, fair wind up top and it was cold!  Wore my winter layers and never took them off today (even used my hood).  Everything was perfect for the glass half empty crowd, boiler plate off piste (I didnt even try till around 10am), groomers perfect ice skating quality (well LS and MIFB, plus the groomer off the top of GVex to MIFB.  MIFB early was mostly IB but by 9:30 the thaw was on and by 10 it was very much MF-ish.  By 10:30 some off piste was softening and by 11 there was some nice skiing on SunnySide/Memorial and the Gully between them.  It was particularly nice since the inch or two new smoothed things nicely.  By noon the crowd was skiing REX chair line, the temps  were starting to feel almost warmish.  Crowds were pretty light, no lift lines on REX anyway. Skied into the late afternoon - well 12:45 and had by far my most vert of the season.  Didnt do PB, though Campbell  Basin side in the sun looked nice.  

Other - Did a pizza stop at CB lodge, very good.  Parking lots had cars in them but with not much parking lot help it was widely spaced rows.  A lot maybe 1/2, B maybe 2/3, C pushing somewhere near full.   Drive up and down pretty pleasant with the late season crowds.  Lots of Elk in the woods by the Greenwater Lakes road.    Very nice day all in all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.