Crystal - 03/25

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Mar 2021 14:47 #234927 by ddk
Crystal - 03/25 was created by ddk
Ski Report - Well it wasn't yesterday and I heard some folks say yesterday (snow not visibility) was a good day.  Today started with a bigger crowd for first CHex chair, early vis was marginal but better than yesterday and by 9:30 it was very nice up top.  New snow yesterday and last night made lots of North facing slopes primo and even improved some south facing slopes enough to suck me into M-World (doable but not repeatable).  Most of my extreme skiing  was GV Bowl (very nice with vis), MIFB (smooth with new and just enough vis), LS (pleasant especially hard skiers right along the trees).  #1 was doing FQex till we finally started skiing together - did some LS and GV skiing before a somewhat lateish stop at CB lodge...After that I got my one really happy run down the left overs in PB and it was very nice - could have lapped it a bunch more, but the fog started blowing in again and spent the rest of the time being a good person to #1.  Fun day, good workout for both of us, groomers greatly improved with the new snow as was the off Piste that I did.

Other - As noted we did a CB lodge break, split a rice bowl (very good), did some socializing with folks including finally seeing Quick Foot (for ever more QF), nice to see him.  Pay lot was maybe 1/2 when we left in the late afternoon (12:30? late? for us old folks), B cars parked passed the shuttle stop and C was pushing fullish.  So a fair sized crowd, but not that bad on the lifts we rode.  Fun day!  More fun for me than yesterday, still not a big warm spring day and the south facing slopes did again get impacted by the sun and rays today.  Drive up and especially the drive down were very nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
25 Mar 2021 17:24 #234929 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Crystal - 03/25
Yay, another powder day. We got a lot of legitimate power returns. Chair six really delivered. Northway had some good spots as did Green Valley early. The powder lasted until about 11 and then the cut up crud skied really well.
It was nice to see  friends in a lodge again [ ddk and #1 ].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.