Crystal - 3/24

• CD
  • [CD]
More
24 Mar 2021 13:28 #234920 by CD
Crystal - 3/24 was created by CD
What a difference a day makes.  Instead of excellent weather and great snow, today was white-out conditions and sun-damaged snow.  The Valley Bowl was unskiable due to no visibility.  After trying several runs on REX, headed to Forest Queen and had several fun runs down Cisco and the trees to the left just below Cisco.  I haven't skied that line in several years and today it was the best run we skied.  Good visibility and good snow.  After it got skied out, went to the bottom for a gondie ride to the top.  Conditions hadn't changed so tried a run through the GV trees to the left.  3 inches new over hard sun-damaged snow.  Down lower, chairline and Ann's run were really good, but not good enough to overcome the top half.  Decided to bail early and skied out Bear Pits just to confirm our decision.   Bear Pits was bad.  The only good thing about today is it was nuking snow, so tomorrow should be better. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2021 14:01 #234921 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Crystal - 3/24
Ski Report - And more words about today. As previously noted today was not yesterday, didn't expect it to be, but the foggy vis up high was pretty nasty - probably should have done a few runs out Northway for the first time this season, but do to the warmish lower elevation temps (and a kinda bad brain day) decided not to.  More limited info, I  did try one GV Bowl to MIFB and another Upper Ferks to MIFB and that was it for that half of my far north skiing.  Did a number of LS runs via the front side traverse to Windy Pass - doable and LS skied okay especially hard right side along the LS trees - nice new nuking snow.  And yes it was nuking snow all my short morning.  It was dampish towards the base.  Ultra light crowd - duh!  Tomorrow will be a powder day frenzy.  Left kinda ultra early for a no lift line kinda day, but apparently others either left earlier or not far behind me.  Ready for real spring for the rest of the season.

Other - Pay lot was maybe half full, B and C full to the shuttle stops.  No lift line and REX was running mostly normal.  Drive up and down was mostly happy (one car in the ditch on the Blvd this morning) with no Elk noticed - its seems to have been a kinda bad year for Elk this season?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.