Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 03/18 Fun?

Crystal - 03/18 Fun?

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Mar 2021 15:10 - 18 Mar 2021 15:11 #234888 by ddk
Crystal - 03/18 Fun? was created by ddk
Ski Report - Ouch all over the place day, nice early light crowd, nice looked like a donut hole from Rainer - not all day.  Started with a happy GVB/MIFB first run as typically usual.  GVB - skiers right side was happy easy small bumps on carveable packed cold snow.  MIFB was mostly IB totally! Survived it (praise the Force again, didnt go back for various reasons).  Groomers I did were variable - Early morning back side path to LS was the worst ice ball  crap  I've ever skied it - made me change my paths.  The good stuff - GV Bowl, skier right side, lower north facing slopes  with  #1 during her upper mountain trip today. Yesterdays massive grooming was cut back to more normal typical - okay, but not great.  Best groomer run was probably Downhill? with #1.  Best runs of the day - PB!!! center mainly, pushing skier right towards the bottom! Amazing bump build up on  top of CH6 heading towards PB. Weather was in and oud but mostly in - Big snow storm blew through during the 9:30 hour, big sun blew through when I was  lucky enough to do PB!!!!  Did I say how good PB was - ouch!

Other - Did a quick visit in CB lodge with #1 for a glut oh burger and frys, very good.  We made late into the afternoon - well  12:30, could skied a lot longer, but weather looked to be changing and the winds  were picking up.

Other Other - Ultra happy light crowd, no lift lines happy, Pay lot maybe half, as was B and C with some cars in D.   Drive up and down at speed with Elk in the mostly typical places. 
 So a very nice fun crappy icy filtered sun low crowd and warming spring snow quality day! And yes it was FUN!
Last edit: 18 Mar 2021 15:11 by ddk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.