Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal - 01/15 Bonus Day!

Crystal - 01/15 Bonus Day!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 Jan 2021 14:59 #234500 by ddk
Crystal - 01/15 Bonus Day! was created by ddk
Short Report - Good snow, good grooming, bad snow, bad grooming, light crowd, nice lift lines, bad lift lines, WHY!  Power to the lifts was still mostly diesel, REX had chair sequencer problems randomly - so random stops, heard from #1 that FQex had stop and go issues - not to painful for me when I  finally did  it to check the soup of the  day.   Big rain in the parking lot when we arrived....quit just as the lifts started loading and it ended up a very happy big sunny nice day!

More - As noted lifts running on diesel still, so slow Rex, reasonably fast GVex and the times I rode FQex okay.   Crowd ultra light and always easier with two to load than one person in the singles line (only FQex on the REX side).   Snow was variable, some nice soft spring (MIFB multiple laps), GV bowl happy for me - but probably not for many folks. Did Kellys Gap for and with #1 - some good some ouch pick your way through the snow bolder field below Rock Face - otherwise very nice and soft.  Lower E! - kinda wish I could have done that over and over Hamster style....beam me up Scotty!   Fun day, longest day for #1 which was  a very good thing.  Coulda skied a lot more based on conditions....but oh well.

Other -  Stopped by CB lodge...#1 got chili, I heard that the soup was a vegy thing - its on the menu...not a good sign for Chicken Noodle.  Very nice in the warm sun outside CB.

Other Other - Pay lot was 80% empty!  B was better parked and 4/5 full as was C lot and that was the early crowd.  Lots of folks driving when we left for night skiing?  or at least what was a very nice afternoon. Drive up and down was okay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.