Crystal - 03/10

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Mar 2020 15:56 #233615 by ddk
Crystal - 03/10 was created by ddk
Short Report - Twasant yesterday. Early sun was gone by the time we got to the top of REX.
Increasing grey till around 11:30 when a nice big sucker hole of sun popped out, but it was
gone by 12:30. Mostly fine vis with big views and interesting clouds. Swapped goggle lenses
twice today. Snow was a little firmer but still nice on north facing slopes, some grooming
was as good today and some was a lot worse - MIFB must have gotten very soft late yesterday
cause the grooming definitely was not as nice.  Skied a lot with #1 in the FQex area - those
groomers were very nice and also very empty of crowds. Limited areas skied, so limited
reporting.  PB was nice but I only did it once today. GV Bowl skied good from center line
to skiers right side. Did Kellys Gap with #1, skied okay of piste in Berry Patch area. I
haven't skied the cat track below there in years - interesting?

Wordy Report - See Short Report.

Other - CB lodge had Clam Chow for soup, pizza slice I had was eatable. #1 had the Gluten
free Udon bowl - tooooo big, but very tasty.  No lift lines, light crowds on the slopes. Pay
lot massive as always and emptier than normal, no buses, C had cars with lots parked around
the shuttle stop, missed looking at B.  Drive up and down were happy and at speed, only had
one Elk wake me up moment on the drive up just before Fed Forest - not a typical area.  Fun
day all in all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.