3/6 - Crystal

• CD
  • [CD]
More
06 Mar 2020 15:25 #233599 by CD
3/6 - Crystal was created by CD
A 2 out of 5 day due mostly to the weather.

With yesterday's warmth and the freeze overnight, two of our party bailed early morning. Due to the length of their commute, they made the right call. The two of us that live closer went anyone. It snowed all day and was also foggy impacting visibility with frozen fog on the goggles most runs. The wind was calm and the temperature a very nice 25, but the poor visibility results in a .5 out of 2 for weather.

Once again, the snow had a lot of variability depending on where you skied. Anything sun exposed yesterday was trashed. But all the north facing aspects in Green Valley were very nice. At one point, the fog lifted a little, so we headed for Powder Bowl. Poor visibility on the way down, but skied a lot better than Wednesday's wind-crusted snow. Unfortunately, it remained socked in all day, so no repeats. Tried Bear Pits close to the trees in the shade on the left and it was brutal. The run of the day that kept us coming back and skiing longer than we expected was the far side of West Face through the trees down to the lift. Soft, smooth untracked snow. Overall, a 1.5 out of 3 for snow. Would have been a much better day with better visibility.

GV chair was running full speed today and I talked to the lift op about the issues again this year with the chair. I was told we're lucky the chair is even running. He said it's on alternate power. When I stated it wasn't on diesel, he said alternate electric power. Huh? Did they run an extension cord up from the bottom?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.