April 14, Stevens Pass

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Apr 2007 09:17 #213054 by telemack
April 14, Stevens Pass was created by telemack
Lisa and I drove up to the Mountaineeers Lodge Friday, and skied with a bunch of folks from the PWC. I gave a friend some tele pointers, then we ran various lifts til lunch. Friday had been crusty until it softened, but Sat. was the reverse. Overnight we could hear the rain on the lodge roof, but it never froze overnight and was soft from the get-go, with a dust of fresh and about 2" atop old soft. As it warmed slightly eveything on the hill got really skiable, except the occasional pile of roller chunks off piste.
Telemon, down from Fort Langley, and I did several laps on Seventh and found very consistent snow. We got a few snow showers in early PM. (He may post pix.)
Very few people even Saturday, plenty of soft snow. Good finish to the lift season in the passes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Telemon
  • [Telemon]
More
16 Apr 2007 20:51 #213060 by Telemon
Replied by Telemon on topic Re: April 14, Stevens Pass
With the Mountaineers' cabin as my base camp, I was able to ski the last three days of the season. Considering the time of year, the skiing was pretty good. I thought that overall the snow conditions were best on the day that I shared with Telemack. I noticed quite a few knee-droppers and skied with 9 or 10 of them (including retired TAYstreaker,JayDee). Almost all were greybeards, not counting the women.

It was fun to have a relative youngster like Mack around to help me check out the Double Blacks and to search for pow in the trees. Firsts for myself was a ride down the Corona Bowl chute and a unplanned "rail" ride on a tree branch to escape a dead end turn in the trees.

Now that almost all of the resorts are closed, the "other ski season" starts. Turns will be measured in single digit thousands of feet, crowds will be smaller, the days will be longer and warmer and, hopefully, the streak will continue. See you on the volcanoes.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.