Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > April 12, 2007 Crystal Mtn

April 12, 2007 Crystal Mtn

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 Apr 2007 07:17 #213048 by Larry_Trotter
April 12, 2007 Crystal Mtn was created by Larry_Trotter
Thursday - Skied until about 1:30 because we had to get back early. 

We were fortunate with getting the little snow dump a couple of days earlier and low temps to preserve what we got.

It was cold and a little crisp in the morning.  Not frozen, and even a little soft without being slushy.  Lower groomers were pretty good.  Upper Cmac was groomed, Lower Cmac was bumpy.  The Burn was a little bumpy.  IceBerg was really bumpy, but cold-soft.  I got the impression that they did not want to groom any steep shots - maybe the snow was too fragile for that.

It was pretty lumpy underneath the fresh offgroom.  Green Valley and Snorting Elk were the ripping fast slopes.

Snorting Elk and Luckyshot cat tracks were in excellent shape (and indication of overall conditions). Skiers left of Luckshot was worn out.  Fair number of skiers up on chair six.

We skied fast and hard till 1:30 and did our goodbyes to the group at the Snorting Elk with food, drink and singing.  Lift Season is over for me, mid November to mid April, five months of hard skiing. 

Now I have to earn my turns, hiking back up Crystal slopes and Rainier as time permits. I am not fully settled in with backcountry skiing, still experimenting with gear and technique.  However, I built up so much strength and muscle memory this lift ski season, that I am sure it will give me good start for hiking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
17 Apr 2007 20:58 #213063 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: April 12, 2007 Crystal Mtn
Here is a link to some video: video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7425408944895427108&hl=en

From Thursday, April 12.

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
20 Apr 2007 07:48 #213064 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: April 12, 2007 Crystal Mtn
Don't worry, Larry; in BC the down isn't the challenge...go 4/29 with dozens of us other sliders and get the "new" season rolling. 8)

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
20 Apr 2007 13:54 #213065 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: April 12, 2007 Crystal Mtn
See y'all at the 'Fest.