Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > White Pass 4/6 - 4/8

White Pass 4/6 - 4/8

• Volcanogrrl
  • [Volcanogrrl]
More
11 Apr 2007 06:27 #213046 by Volcanogrrl
White Pass 4/6 - 4/8 was created by Volcanogrrl
Took the truck up to White Pass Friday morning. Met with co-workers and enjoyed a bluebird day. At about 2:30 a friend and I went out to Gunsight. HUGE cornices, really beautiful. Snow was really heavy, but manageable. (moreso for my friend than for myself). I was able to skin out there in just shorts and a tanktop (and loads of sunscreen), the weather was that nice. Got back to the lodge at 6:15 or so and rewarded ourselves with a pitcher of beer. mmmmm.... beeer.
Saturday: stayed on-piste with friends, but the steeps were nice and soft. Tried out my new skis (Icelantic Shamans: 160/110/130. 161cm length). NOT the ski for those conditions, but super fun to fool around with. They look more like scuba-flippers than skis. They are definitely carnivorous.
Sunday: blue skies and cold in the morning. I had a "ski lesson" with some newfound buddies who were going to teach me to jump and stuff. I think I finally found the pack of skiers that suits me perfectly. Super fun, everything's a game to them, everything is at least thinking about attempting, they won't drink my beer, and they never stop. I take that back, I did have to get them down to the lodge at noon for the easter egg hunt. ;) yeah -- the oldest is 11. Crazy-good skiers and very nice kids, will definitely be skiing with them again if i can keep up. The 7 year old did have some disparaging remarks about telemarking (they alpine), but seeing's how he was kicking my butt on the steeps, I didn't feel I had any valid arguments.
Nothing else to report, just another fun weekend of skiing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.