Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 31-April 1, Whistler

March 31-April 1, Whistler

• FosterBrooks
  • [FosterBrooks]
More
02 Apr 2007 16:19 #213028 by FosterBrooks
March 31-April 1, Whistler was created by FosterBrooks
Long time lurker here... apologies that my first post is about resort skiing. Whistler still has plenty of good skiing and, as of yesterday, the snow was dumping pretty nicely up on the summit (Saturday was a more traditional spring day). Wind was really present, as well. Peak chair and Harmony had pretty much no lines as the wind near the summit was testing the patience of everyone. Luckily, visibility and wind improved after the first hundred feet down.

Good skiing was had all over the mountain, though the run to the village looks like it'll only have about a week left before the dirt patches take over. Midway on up was much better, with everything open and in good form. In terms of non-groomed slopes, runs off Harmony Ridge were in good shape. Meanwhile, the Saddle (one of the "runs of the day" for what that's worth) was icy and miserable.

Oh, and Shell 2 for 1 tickets are still the best inventions since sliced bread. Felt good to actually get a deal on something up there for once!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Telemon
  • [Telemon]
More
02 Apr 2007 18:29 #213029 by Telemon
Replied by Telemon on topic Re: March 31-April 1, Whistler
I was at Whistler on the last day of March,too. I have posted elsewhere for those interested - telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=33997 I was part of a group of telemarkers that explored all of the major bowls. We found that the the snow high on Whistler Peak was the best. Since we stayed off of groomers, I couldn't comment on their conditions.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.