Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Crystal March 28, Wednesday

Crystal March 28, Wednesday

• Eric Lindahl
  • [ejlindahl]
More
29 Mar 2007 22:26 #213022 by Eric Lindahl
Crystal March 28, Wednesday was created by Eric Lindahl
Skied Crystal Resort Wednesday morning the 28th and the snow at the top on north sides was cold and winter like, tho mostly dense and chalky. I went up Bullion Basin in the afternoon and found some remarkably good snow for the time of year on the North aspects. It skied like 8" of dense but cold snow with a firm but smooth and not real icy base. I even got a few wisps of cold smoke in the face. Whoda thought. Like today it was mostly sunny and stunningly beautiful with the fresh cloak of white. At the top there were some pretty nice rime encrusted trees, not so dense as those old ads of Big Mountain Montana, but still nice to see in these last gasps of winter. I write this TR at this late date as Larry Trotter reported that the snow was still "holding up" today the 29th. If thats the case then there might still be some cold dry snow on certain higher aspects in the BC. For what its worth, like Larry, I found the groom on the 28th very good as well. I'd have written this TR sooner but I got home so late and was so busy at work that I couldn't write it till now. My apology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.