Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 29, 2007 Crystal Mtn

March 29, 2007 Crystal Mtn

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Mar 2007 19:54 #213021 by Larry_Trotter
March 29, 2007 Crystal Mtn was created by Larry_Trotter
Thursday - Oh boy!  What a day!

Snow, crisp in the morning, sucky in the late afternoon.  Blazing sunshine all day.  Sparse crowd.  When I tried to get off groom a little in Snorting Elk Bowl... it was a little bumpy underneath the three or four inches of creamy new. 

Rotated through all the crisp groomers in the morning.  Cmac was left a little rough, easy bumps on lower part.  And easy bumps on Rolling Knolls.

Going up the Rex, I noticed all those little rolling snowballs on Sunnyside (not big enough to become donuts).  I would call them "cinnamon rolls" about 8" in diameter. 

GV Bowl good and sluffy, Ferksberg - real nice and sluffy.  Same for Luckyshot.  It was lonely in Snorting Elk Bowl, but good - the first drop was groomed.  Northface was cold and as smooth as a baby's bottom - I think I could have spread my arms and taken flight.

Talking to a gent on GV chair about Team Wally's 28th report on Powder Bowl... turned out he was the one who posted the report.  I wanted to get some video of folks on High Campbell and Powder Bowl, but there just wasn't hardly anyone there.

The sun was strong and things turned sucky about 3:00 pm... people started leaving, I left at 3:30.  Snow is actually in pretty good shape despite the sun beating it took.  From now on, it is a day by day race of melting against any possible accumulation.  Get your skiing in the morning, skip lunch and prepare to leave early.

In the morning the parking lot was in the shade and cold.  Late afternoon walking back was like walking down the road on a hot summer day.  I was cooked in my layers of clothing. 

I try to take pics on sun days.  I'll take a look and see what I got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Mar 2007 23:25 #213023 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: March 29, 2007 Crystal Mtn
I take better video when I am skiing alone, so I can really take my time.  However, I was able to get something.....  Amazingly not many folks on High Campbell or Powder Bowl.  Watching this guy work his way down Campbell... looks like a lot of work.

Some video of Crystal March 29th: www.lawrencetrotter.com/Crystal_Mar_29/Crystal_March29.wmv

• Team Wally
  • [Team Wally]
More
30 Mar 2007 09:15 #213024 by Team Wally
Replied by Team Wally on topic Re: March 29, 2007 Crystal Mtn
Nice video, Sony I presume, Was fun to put a face with a name on the chair yesterday. Was indeed a grand sunny day at the mountain.
Attachments:

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
30 Mar 2007 13:02 #213025 by Larry_Trotter
How did you know it was a Sony?  (DCR HC-90).....

Where is the picture of?

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
30 Mar 2007 18:17 #213026 by Larry_Trotter
Here is a pic of P-bowl that I snatched off the video:

• Team Wally
  • [Team Wally]
More
30 Mar 2007 22:14 #213027 by Team Wally
Replied by Team Wally on topic Re: March 29, 2007 Crystal Mtn
Larry, file size and other data gave it away. Last pic was from the top of 6, looking down middle chute. First few turns were money then it went downhill from there. I've yet to master skiing and videoing at the same time. Guess Warren Miller is safe for now. Here's a pic Robyn who skied with us earlier in the year sent up. Believe she car pooled with Bandit once or twice. She did laps in North with some of the Crystal Freeride team and with Laura Ogden who's #1 on the womens freeride circut. looks like Robyn can hold her own !!
Attachments: