Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 27, 2007, CM Ski, Board, BC Climb King

March 27, 2007, CM Ski, Board, BC Climb King

• Boot
  • [Boot]
More
27 Mar 2007 22:23 #213015 by Boot
Expecting clearing weather from N to S, I was ready to head to The Olympics this a.m. hoping for sunny turns on Mt Townsend. Surprised by how much it rained last night, I did a quick telemetry check and saw 5-7" new at CM with cold temps. Being as I had one last prepaid ticket to Crystal, I loaded up with skis, board, and BC gear. Found the new snow as reported, more in some places, but also a bit more fog than I had hoped for. Visi did improve as the day wore on and a few sun peaks, but also some light snow in the afternoon. Did a dozen runs on the skis, just to say I still can, then went for the board and BC gear. CB chair was open, but not South Back; asked the lifty if it would open----"don't know, but I'll check"
"No man"----any idea why?
"nope". Just love Crystal! Well at least he checked. Avalanche Basin seemed the quickest place to get to, so went behind the bottom of CB chair and hiked up into the basin and the Hourglass off King looked great. Made it up no problem (never would have thought of this approach really) and rode the N ridge back to the Hourglass and down. Great turns with some bottom crust in the top third. Made use of the up track and rode a second run off the summit along N ridge dropping to the right into Silver Basin and all the way back to base. Fun, fun, fun, and deeper on that side. Best part was the sun came out for both descents; that never happens.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.