Utahhh

• skip
  • [skip]
More
18 Mar 2007 22:42 #212987 by skip
Utahhh was created by skip
We skied Snowbird Friday & Saturday, then Snow Basin today. It's not worth getting on the mountain before 10:00, but once things start to soften it's really fun skiing. Get it while you can, though - the snowpack is thin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2007 23:34 #212988 by mej
Replied by mej on topic Re: Utahhh
I was in SLC to visit the Meteorology Dept. at U of U Tue-Thurs last week. We took a little jaunt up to Alta to check out the snow. South facing road cuts are already well melted out. There was also some impressive avy debris that had closed the road at the bottom of Mount Superior. Sounds like the warmth and dryness is still going...

• Keith_Henson
  • [Keith_Henson]
More
20 Mar 2007 19:42 #212992 by Keith_Henson
Replied by Keith_Henson on topic Re: Utahhh
I was there from march 4-11 and had 3 of 6 powder days--with shirtsleeve skiing in the afternoons!

Pics here

I'm confident that more snow is coming. Snowbird/Alta: 164 inches of spring snowfall. I'll be there April 1 snow dancing and with crossed fingers...

More
21 Mar 2007 23:01 #212997 by Dicey
Replied by Dicey on topic Re: Utahhh
I was also in Utah March 9-12. Learned to show up after 10am, after the first two days ;)
Park City on the 10th - World Superpipe comp.
Snowbird on the 11th - nice new way to Mineral Basin!
Brighton on the 12th - SPF 50!

Pics here:
www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/72157594586951200/

• Keith_Henson
  • [Keith_Henson]
More
04 Apr 2007 07:27 - 08 Apr 2007 17:52 #213030 by Keith_Henson

I was there from march 4-11 and had 3 of 6 powder days--with shirtsleeve skiing in the afternoons!

Pics here

I'm confident that more snow is coming. Snowbird/Alta: 164 inches of spring snowfall. I'll be there April 1 snow dancing and with crossed fingers...

Well my sanguine hopes for massive dumps have not materialized... No new snow to speak of since I've been here (just some dust on crust Monday) However, I'm digging harvesting the sweet utah corn inthe afternoons. Will try to post a pic or two soon...

Day 60 today will be at Brighton

Next week is the last week for crystal.

• Keith_Henson
  • [Keith_Henson]
More
08 Apr 2007 18:07 - 09 Apr 2007 05:30 #213037 by Keith_Henson
Well I'm back from Utah yesterday (Saturday). Though there was no new snow it was a great week of blue skies, warm temps, and wonderful corn snow. Three days at Brighton, one at Alta and one at Snowbird (which is my favorite).

The conditions allowed for total off-piste access to the mountain as there was no ice to speak off, and on the steeps one could stop and turn on a dime and there were no objects under the snow to hit. This allowed for relatively easy skiing in narrow coliours and guillys and to make very tight turns between cliff faces.

Here's a short video of me on the steep corn/ slush at the Bird in Mineral Basin on Lonestar

My son on chews up the Brighton corn...

Friday was day 62 for me.

Some pics here