Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > November 24, 2006 Crystal Mtn.

November 24, 2006 Crystal Mtn.

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
24 Nov 2006 19:34 #212554 by Larry_Trotter
November 24, 2006 Crystal Mtn. was created by Larry_Trotter
Friday - killer at Crystal!

Deep, deep snow... All parking lots were full up. But it was worth the effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2006 20:25 #212555 by Trent
Replied by Trent on topic Re: November 24, 2006 Crystal Mtn.
There is so much snow up there if you are going tomorrow you will have plenty of powder turns. We left at 2:00 and we were still getting face shots on Powder Bowl right before we left.
Get up there early. Today was packed.

More
24 Nov 2006 21:17 - 24 Nov 2006 21:36 #212556 by Oface
Replied by Oface on topic Re: November 24, 2006 Crystal Mtn.
We got a late start, and were held up at the bottom of crystal mountain blvd. It seems that a plow and an SUV collided.  It looked like everyone was alright though.  They also mandated chains, but the road was well plowed all the way to the mountain.

If you could find untracked, it was crazy deep.  It'll be nice when they start opening the BC up, because will have more territory to spread the crowds through.

I also noticed some folks skinning from the base of high campbell chair. I'd be pretty curious to know where they were going. I hope they stuck to low angle terrain!

More
26 Nov 2006 11:13 #212560 by teter
Replied by teter on topic Re: November 24, 2006 Crystal Mtn.
So I got to ask WHO TRACKED OUT THE NORTHBACK
Attachments:

• Nappingonarock
  • [nsotak]
More
26 Nov 2006 21:07 #212561 by Nappingonarock
Replied by Nappingonarock on topic Re: November 24, 2006 Crystal Mtn.
Tisk. Tisk. Tisk. I was up on the 22nd and heard some bombing. I'm glad to see your day was going off in a different way though.

• thomas_m
  • [thomas_m]
More
27 Nov 2006 18:42 #212563 by thomas_m
Replied by thomas_m on topic Re: November 24, 2006 Crystal Mtn.
My first TAY post...

I was at Crystal on Turkey Day also. Went up with a friend who tore his ACL before the 2005/2006 season started and only got one day in the 2004/2005 Season of Deth. So he'd only had one day in 2 years. He was game though, he passed on a warmup run and we went straight to Upper Exterminator. Unfortunately for him, he didn't quite have his powder legs and he went for a swim in the deep pow in Green Valley behind Iceberg Ridge. Took him 5 minutes of wallowing to get down to the cat track. Too bad he was so far away that my heckling wasn't effective.

I didn't have my February legs so didn't get nearly as much pow as I should have but it was still a great day. Here's my friend playing spray the guy with the camera:

And here's me showing my rear on a little powder pillow slasher. Lower down the run I did my best impression of a flying starfish but thankfully the camera had been put away...

Hoping to get the new splitboard out this weekend.!

T.