Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Mount Baker Ski Area, November 18,2006

Mount Baker Ski Area, November 18,2006

• Telemon
  • [Telemon]
More
18 Nov 2006 21:01 - 18 Nov 2006 21:47 #212541 by Telemon
I was pleasantly surprised at the snow coverage and quality at Mt.Baker's opening weekend. It is only the middle of November! Mind you, tomorrow's forecast doesn't look too encouraging. It was almost raining when I arrived this morning( Sunday is going to be warmer), but the day evolved into a pretty nice one, with sunshine on the neighbouring mountains and on some of the resort's slopes.Last night's snowfall had covered much of Friday's tracks and the powder in the trees was rather delightful.

I used the whole mountain, but as usual, I preferred my favourite run, Pan Face. Not only was the snow inviting; the visuals were great. It is one of the few places that you can actually see the namesake, Mt.Baker. Plus, I could see many of my bc destinations, such as Coleman Pinnacle, Table Mountain, Sherman Peak, Hermans Saddle. Before the sun came out, I enjoyed Cannucks Delux, naturally (nationally?) one of my fave runs.

I hoped to link up with some other telemarkers, but that did not happen. So I was able to go at my own pace and schedule, which meant rarely stopping (I like to get my money's worth). I did meet a fellow TAY telemarker, iluska, but it was when we were removing our skis at the end of the day.

Today was a somewhat momentous outing in that it happened during the last month of my 3rd year as a turns-all-year skier.I think that I will celebrate in the hot tub.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
18 Nov 2006 23:00 #212533 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: Mount Baker Ski Area, November 18,2006
Yo Bob, sounded good. This week could bring more white stuff. Maybe we can get together for some Baker BC. Chris Willis and I were just talking about Elfin Lakes again this spring. Cheers

Mack Johnson

More
19 Nov 2006 11:41 #212542 by iluka
Replied by iluka on topic Re: Mount Baker Ski Area, November 18,2006
Hey Bob!

Great to running into you yesterday. Too bad it was at the end of the day and we didn't get to share some of the good turns of Pan Face. Good thing we were up there yesterday, though, as today is looking pretty nasty and will likely take away a lot of that great snow we had!

Catch you on a future trip!

More
20 Nov 2006 19:33 #212543 by Matt C
Replied by Matt C on topic Re: Mount Baker Ski Area, November 18,2006
Good to hear you scored some goods Bob. I hope to get down there again soon...but not for the gong show long weekend...