Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > Sept. 16, 2006 - T Line freshies (Hood)

Sept. 16, 2006 - T Line freshies (Hood)

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
18 Sep 2006 09:02 - 18 Sep 2006 09:08 #212534 by snoslut
Is it safe to say the dry spell of 06 is officially over?  (anti-jinx)  Anyone that was at Hood over the weekend will tell ya it's a good start!  Nothing like some fresh to get outta that summer phunk.

My original plan was to tour somewhere on Rainier with Tim McGinness and B.  At the last minute I caved.  Didn't take much convincing before the 3 of us were driving south along 5.  The lack of precip on the drive up had us worried but by the time we rolled thru G Camp it was pouring.  By 1am the T-line lot had a fresh coating of wet.

Waking up to this...

There was also a race/marathon going on from the lot down the PCT to some lake 26 miles away.  And the tourist thought we were strange.  By the time we had gotten our tickets an hour had passed so most of the fresh with easy access was carved up.  No problem, especially when your getting ready to up load and a sign says "6 in new with 32'' drifts.

Braving the chocolate chip fields to find nice lines like...

or...

The clouds were in and out all day but some how we timed it right and it would clear up before each run.  Running the chocolate chip fields with no vis would have been instant carnage.  By noon it felt like there was a drop in the temp and the windows for visibility were diminishing.  After a few more blind runs we decided to call it a day.  One can still ride/ski to within 5-10 minute hike from the lot.  At the end of the day I was suprised to see no cores but only minor scratches.  Haven't checked the edges yet though.

On the drive home B busted out the dvd player.  Watching Chapelle's show took the sting of traffic in the rain away.  Especially after the 2006 Race Draft started.  And some of the results:  Blacks - Tiger Woods; Asians - Wu Tang Clan; Jews - Lenny Kravitz; Whites - Colin Powell.  I laughed so much I lost my appetite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.