Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > 4/30 Alpental multisport

4/30 Alpental multisport

• Jerm
  • [Jerm]
More
02 May 2006 10:28 #212506 by Jerm
4/30 Alpental multisport was created by Jerm
Spring rulez!
Kudos to management for keeping the hill open, there is some surprisingly good snow left up there!

I had no idea they were planning to be open, and once I found out, only got up there late Sunday afternoon. My climbing partner Ari and I decided this would be a perfect time to use the lift access to nab an ascent of the Tooth with less effort than usual. Despite his newb skiing skills (~15 days on skis, ever, and tele at that)  we made it to Pineapple Pass by around 4:30, bagged the climb, and were rapping over the nasty  cornice into Great Scott Bowl at 7ish. Only took him two hours to ski back down  ;D. Conditions were nasty breakable crust by then and, aside from a few scratchy turns in GSB, we basically had to traverse, kickturn, gorilla turn, and snowplow our way down into No Fog and back out. Heinous! But we made it, and it was a great spontaneous afternoon adventure courtesy Alpental. Thanks guys.

Btw, some yahoo was screaming his lungs out from somewhere on Denny ridge around 6ish. He didnt sound distressed, but it was kinda weird. He was not yodeling. Anyone know of this person? 

I'll be up there for Cinqo de Mayo, too. Anyone else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marcus
  • [Marcus]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 May 2006 11:35 #212507 by Marcus
Replied by Marcus on topic Re: 4/30 Alpental multisport
Nice! We did the loop around Chair on Sunday -- beautiful day, especially in the afternoon. I'll be up Alpy way sometime this weekend, to cut another notch in the season pass...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.