Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > April 20, 2006, Mt Baker

April 20, 2006, Mt Baker

• Scole
  • [Scole]
More
22 Apr 2006 21:25 #212493 by Scole
April 20, 2006, Mt Baker was created by Scole
Today was a fun day but a little weird at the same time. I managed to get up to Baker around 10:30 and of course there were blue skies and it was a little breezy towards the top of 8. Poking around chair 8 and then over to chair 6, I found the snow to already be soft and fun to turn. After a couple runs off of chair 6, I dropped over the front side to chair 1's mid loading station. What do you know- Powder!

Apparently Baker got 5" or so of powder on Friday and although it was partially tracked, there was still a lot of fun lines left! It's definately a great day when you can choose between powder and spring corn. Crowds were light and fairly mellow- I basically rode onto the lifts all day. After 2:30 or so, the snow at the base of the Canyon exit was getting slow and sticky but otherwise it was good.
The out of bounds activities were slow to start but eventually tracks could be seen out on the Arm and also out towards Table & Austin Pass. Of course, the evidence from last Sunday's craziness was still around as well.

All in all, a fun, fun day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.