Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > January 24, 2006 Crystal

January 24, 2006 Crystal

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
24 Jan 2006 11:56 #212216 by oftpiste
January 24, 2006 Crystal was created by oftpiste
My first post so apologies if I don't do it quite right....<br><br>Thought about heading to Alpental, but seeing today's report on said area made me glad I decided to venture farther away.<br><br>Drove through deep early morning fog until the CM road, then all the signs of a bluebird day made themselves apparent. Been skiing losts of deep snow lately so took the GS boards for a day of high speed (for me) groomers. Snow started out pretty firm and fast and slowly got softer as the sun did its work but lots of fun. Knees started to hurt after 27,000+ vert (big day, for me) so was out of the lot by 2 and beat the traffic home. Absolutely stunning day. A little breezy at the top, but warm and spring-like nonetheless. Powder Bowl and Campbell Basin looked very tracked out, but there were folks skiing them.<br><br>Saw a few folks getting set to skin in the morning. Hope their trip was great, though I had a feeling what was left of the BC untracked was going to be crusty or heavy.<br><br>LBNL, did any of you (men) by any chance get home from CM today to find you had, infuriatingly, left your gloves on top of your car as you left the lot and they didn't make it home with you? If so, RSVP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.