Jan. 13 Alpental

• BrianLee
  • [BrianLee]
More
13 Jan 2006 06:38 #212168 by BrianLee
Jan. 13 Alpental was created by BrianLee
Got to the lot at 8:20. Patrol was hard at work throwin bombs. Loaded the Quad at 9:20 and got a couple of good runs on the lower mtn, Wierd after days of face shots, this snow was thick and I only sunk maybe 3-4inches on the hardest of turns. Waited another 45mins for chair two. After they opened at at 10:30, riding the lift you could see that a lot of things had slid. Heavier snow over lighter snow made for a very delicate snowpack this morning. Got one run down International to Bluffs?? (I don;t know Alpy very well) and it was the goods! Unfortunately I had to leave after that and now I am off to my classes this afternoon. It was still 30 degrees and snowing hard when I left at 11:15. Worth it though!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2006 10:30 #212169 by skip
Replied by skip on topic Re: Jan. 13 Alpental
Oh my. It was a good morning to skip work.

• sheispiste
  • [sheispiste]
More
13 Jan 2006 18:02 #212171 by sheispiste
Replied by sheispiste on topic Re: Jan. 13 Alpental
The evening was not quite as grand as you both portray. Lots of snow, and heavy, and got heavier as the evening continued. Rain continued to fall throughout the night. All in all still a good night, great turns to be had: smooth and fast.<br><br>After waiting for The Summit shuttle for well over 45 minutes, the crew of us chaperones discovered we were stranded, and had to hitch back to Central to let the kiddos board the buses and head for home. Thank you to the pin head who let us ride in the back of his pick up. <br>

More
13 Jan 2006 19:20 #212172 by JimH
Replied by JimH on topic Re: Jan. 13 Alpental
The best part is all the new coverage.Lots of the narrower entrances to the chutes and gullies up top with the best snow were finally rockless. Things were much more filled in even vs. last Sunday.<br><br>Worst part was the vis. It was definitely radar skiing in the afternoon. Probably not an issue on the night shift.<br><br>J<br>

More
14 Jan 2006 02:03 #212173 by weezer
Replied by weezer on topic Re: Jan. 13 Alpental
The difference between epic and shleppic can often only be a few hours, But some turns are better than no turns