Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > January 1, Mission Ridge

January 1, Mission Ridge

• Swooz
  • [Swooze]
More
02 Jan 2006 06:37 #212092 by Swooz
January 1, Mission Ridge was created by Swooz
Cheryl and I decided to forgo party pleasures for an early start. It was snowing heavily when we arrived and continued throughout the day. Mission has a good base and the snow was silky smooth, with a soft crust about 6-8 inches down. Sensor problems with the new quad kept it from opening until 11, and then prematurely shut it down at 2pm. The new chair is a huge improvement and climbs to the top of the ridge, but we just got blasted by wind and snow for the last 20 yards. Be forewarned. Mission is a great area with lots of variety, and hopefully they'll get the bugs out of the new lift.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aaron_wright
  • [aaron_wright]
More
03 Jan 2006 00:18 #212096 by aaron_wright
Replied by aaron_wright on topic Re: January 1, Mission Ridge
The "new" quad chair sucks, it is cold, unreliable and there is too much wind at the top. Oh, and the view is bad. Our snow here is no good, not deep enough and just as heavy as the resorts at the crest and passes. Lift lines are too long as well. You will be happier skiing somewhere else.

More
03 Jan 2006 04:32 #212099 by weezer
Replied by weezer on topic Re: January 1, Mission Ridge
I love mission ridge, even if I have to walk :D

• BrianLee
  • [BrianLee]
More
03 Jan 2006 09:57 #212108 by BrianLee
Replied by BrianLee on topic Re: January 1, Mission Ridge
I rode that "new" quad when it was called the Mary Jane Express almost 20 years ago! <br><br>I am sure it is still an improvement over chair 2. Man that chair was torture when it was windy and cold!