Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > March 28 & 29, 2005, Sierra at Tahoe-The Day

March 28 & 29, 2005, Sierra at Tahoe-The Day

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Mar 2005 13:35 - 30 Mar 2005 09:31 #211879 by Zap
Every ski season has "The Day". It's "The Day" you relive during the off season, tell your ski friends about when you're sharing a few cold ones and everyone is enhancing their personal best of the last season.  So far this year, today was "The Day" at Sierra at Tahoe.  Overnight 22" fell at 22 degrees and with winds up to 15mph plus 4wd or chains required to get to the ski area. This is a powder skiers dream.  Sierra at Tahoe is known for having protected terrain during the wind/snowstorms that hammer the Sierras.  Today, it lived up to its reputation.  While Heavenly,Kirkwood and Alpine had lifts on wind hold, the chairs were turning at Sierra.  I put chains on the camper and plowed into the area just before the start.  As I approached the closed rope to enter West Bowl, the patroller smiled and dropped the rope. It was like entering a candy store and wanting to grab/ski evrything but realizing you only have a pair of skis.  For 4.5 hours I only crossed tracks at the top and botom of the lift.  It was incredible in the trees.  The backcountry gates never opened - maybe tomorrow. :)  Zap  <br><br>March 29 was a replay of the 28th only 6" new and temperatures a bit warmer. Most of the previous days tracks were filled in and there were fewer peole on the mountain. In typical spring fashion, the temperatures warmed in the afternoon and I took the chains off to get back to S. Lake Tahoe. Sierra at Tahoe and Northstar offer a $30 lift ticket M-F for persons with a season pass from any area. My Crystal pass has some value. Also, all Snoqualmie passholders ski free. Met a couple of people from Seattle with Snoqualmie passes. <br><br>It appears since I left Seattle winter has returned and the ski areas are reopening. That's great news. I've decided to stay in Tahoe awhile longer - another storm is heading this way on Sunday/Monday. Zap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markharf
  • [markharf]
More
28 Mar 2005 15:23 #211880 by markharf
Replied by markharf on topic Re: March 28, 2005, Sierra at Tahoe-The Day
Ok, Zap, this really has got to stop. Go find some bottomless, soggy mank somewhere and wallow around in it for a day or two.

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
29 Mar 2005 08:06 #211881 by snoslut
Replied by snoslut on topic Re: March 28, 2005, Sierra at Tahoe-The Day

Every ski season has "The Day".

<br><br>Yup and so far I seem to be having those every weekend. ;D<br><br>Hey Zap do us a favor and please stay in Tahoe cause since you left its dumping here! ;)