Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > February 18, 2005, Brighton,UT

February 18, 2005, Brighton,UT

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Feb 2005 09:43 #211824 by Zap
February 18, 2005, Brighton,UT was created by Zap
I finally used my midweek Crystal pass to ski. During Crystal's closure you could ski "free" at Brighton seeing they are both owned by Boyne. All you have to do is travel 900 miles. Today is the beginning of the storm cycle predicted for the Wasatch Range and it's on schedule. As the lifts started moving this morning, the snow started falling. With a 139" base, the coverage is excellent. When we mention that we're from Seattle, the ski patrol just provides a sympathetic grin. Then they mention that they have received over 400" to date and they are having one of the best years ever. Another patroller mentions that Feb. 15 was the best day so far this year. Hmmm. The terrain at Brighton is chock full of chutes, gulleys, trees and ridges. We had fresh snow throughout the day but the main storm arrives tonight and is supposed to last a few days. We found a spot on the mountain for the campervan at 8700' so we won't have to deal with the canyon drive in the morning. From our spot we can walk to the lifts,the store/cafe, have cell phone coverage and we have internet connectivity so we can monitor the weather. All I can say is leave Seattle now, and be powder skiing on Saturday afternoon.Two retired powder addicts.<br><br>Zap & Jill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.