Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > February 17, 2005, Snowbasin,UT

February 17, 2005, Snowbasin,UT

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Feb 2005 09:12 #211822 by Zap
February 17, 2005, Snowbasin,UT was created by Zap
The "Special Note" at the Northwest Avalanche Center forecast says it all. The persistant high pressure system continues to haunt the Northwest and it's time to leave town. Up until 5pm on Feb. 15, we planned to head to BC and join the group at Rogers Pass but then I pulled up the Wasatch Range forecast. Left early on the 16th and arrived in UT just in time for a half day of cruising in powder and packed powder at Snowbasin. The sun was out and there was no wind as we got off the top gondola at the starting shed for the men's olympic downhill course. It's a screaming 3000vf descent on perfectly groomed terrain. With a 114" base, the area had great coverage. The ski patroller said we missed the best day of the year on Feb 15.Hmmmm. Still untracked in the trees and gulleys on the fringes. It felt great to ski without worrying if the untracked lump was a potential core shot. What a great start to a month long ski adventure.<br><br>Zap & Jill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2005 09:29 #211823 by JMor
Replied by JMor on topic Re: February 17, 2005, Snowbasin,UT
Zap, you and Jill have a GREAT time. ;D <br><br>In the meantime, I'll be living vicariously through your powder adventures, and look forward to reading about the next one. 8)

More
20 Feb 2005 01:14 #211829 by Robie
Replied by Robie on topic Re: February 17, 2005, Snowbasin,UT
Zap ,I was At Snowbasin around Jan 1st.similar toFeb 15 th. Great glade skiing we skied the whole day off the runs.Sounds like your on another good trip have fun.<br>Robie