Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > January 29th, 2005, Mt Bachelor Nordic center

January 29th, 2005, Mt Bachelor Nordic center

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
29 Jan 2005 15:41 - 29 Jan 2005 15:42 #211788 by Jeff Huber
Surprisingly it actually snowed 7"s on Mt Hood last night however by the time I realized it was doing this I had already waxed, scraped and brushed my skating skis and I didn't feel like changing plans. Was it coincidentally that after I got ready to go skating it snowed, or is it a conspiracy? <br><br>Either way skating at Bachy was pretty good today. The grooming was excellent, almost all the trails were open and lots of friendly 3-lunged, lycra-clad, latté-sipping Bendites were out socializing and I guess doing some skiing also ;). The nordic center is very quintessential Bend -- if you know what that means. The lunch/wax room is like a giant social club of endurance jocks -- everyone seems to know everyone else (which is impressive considering there's quite a few people) and no one seems to have a body fat % &gt; 15%.<br><br>Anyway, I skated myself to exhaustion. Then I skated a bit more. It was a fun day but I wish I didn't have to drive so far for good skating. There are a few places to go near Mt Hood when it has enough snow (it hasn't so far this year), but the trail systems drastically pale in comparison to the size and maintenance of Bachy's -- Bachy claims 56km of trails.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.