Home > Forum > Categories > Lift Accessed Ski Reports > December 11 - 18, 2004 Whistler/Blackcomb Canada

December 11 - 18, 2004 Whistler/Blackcomb Canada

• JMor
  • [Jm-04]
More
21 Dec 2004 06:04 #211751 by JMor
Ron and I met up with our friend Mack, the originator of our "Wild Hearts" gang for our annual Whistler trip. Mack has moved to Chicago so it's always nice to meet up and ski with him, Jerry and his friend Dan joined us later in the week. Ron and I had just finished a fun couple of days with Zap and Jill in some challenging conditions. <br><br>

Well, Jill and I found all the fresh powder - it's in the BC Okanagan. We spent the 13 and 14th at Whistler and Blackcomb in less than ideal conditions. It appeared that Blackcomb had used the Zamboni machine with their winchcat on selected trails.

<br><br>Later in the week we did have 6 inches of new snow on both Whistler and Blackcomb. Not all of the area is open at Whistler so we opted to ski Blackcomb most of the time since there was more terrain open and if you knew where to go you could find the goods. 7th Heaven offered some good choices earlier in the day and the afternoon found us skiing off the Jersey Cream, Glacier Express, and Showcase T-Bar. It was great week, lots of laughs, and fun frineds. ;D Jerry was armed with his video camera so he may even have some footage to offer, so check back later. Downloading from base 2 is probably a good idea for now unless you are one of those hearty soles, or until there is some new snow. The snow makers around base 2 on Blackcomb to the village were running and doing a pretty good job of keeping up with the low snow year. <br><br><br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JMor
  • [Jm-04]
More
22 Dec 2004 04:14 #211752 by JMor
A few photos from Whistler can be seen here<br><br>groups.msn.com/WildHeartsSkiing/whistlerdec2004.msnw

More
22 Dec 2004 15:41 #211753 by JW
Hey Jeanette, that was a great trip! I've got new video @ home.comcast.net/~jwvideo3/images/Whistler1204.wmv <br>Ski you soon!
Jerry