ONP Hurricane Ridge Observation 2023-1-14 (Saturday)
Subject: Observation Data
Observation Date: 2023-1-14
Observation Time: 11:45 AM
Observation Temp: Unavailable
Observation Pressure: Unavailable
Observation Elevation: 4,600’
Rain/Snow Line: 4,600’
Report Time/Date: 2:20 PM, 2023-1-14
Downhill Conditions: 2” soft crust with carve-able butter underneath
Avalanche Danger: Moderate (near treeline)
Went up to Hurricane Ridge today.
· Generally sunny and spring like conditions.
· Top 2” of snow sluffing off on steeper angels.
· Warm weather (between 40-50F).
· No wind below the ridge tops.
· Ground line thawing around tree wells and creeks.
· Creeks are flowing in the gullys.
· Coverage getting thin, more cliffs and fallen trees becoming exposed.
Glide Avalanche - Wet snow avalanches that run to ground.
Sources: NWAC, Field Observation
Disclaimer: These opinions are my own. Please use your best judgement and multiple sources.